- The building is available for rental between the hours of 10am and 10pm: exceptions to these hours may be made at the discretion of the building manager.
- Those leasing the building are responsible for the set up before and take down after each event.
- Those leasing are responsible for returning the building in the condition upon arrival.
- Keys may be picked up the business day prior may making arrangements with the building manager.
- The serving and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted only with payment for our ABC permit and inside the building. No alcoholic beverages may be consumed outside.
- Those leasing the building are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- Building Manager, members of the HWC Executive Board, and/or members of the Pender County Sheriff’s Department are authorized to and may enter the building at any time during an event.
- The use of tobacco products is not permitted inside the building.
- There shall be no illegal drugs allowed on the property.
- There may or may not be concurrent events and rentals in other parts of the building and you must respect their space.
- HWC property, including but not limited to tables and chairs should not be removed from the building.
- No concealed firearms are permitted on the property.
- No sparklers or fireworks are permitted on the property.
- No pets are allowed on the property with the exception of service animals.
- Nothing can be attached to the walls, windows, doors, light fixtures, or ceiling. Piñatas are expressly prohibited.
- Lit candles are not permitted, except those customarily placed on a cake.
Should we receive written notice that you must cancel your event more than two weeks in advance your full deposit will be returned. If less notice is given then the Hampstead Women’s Club reserves the right to retain your deposit. Should a weather emergency present itself with the threat to life or property the Hampstead Women’s Club reserves the right to cancel or postpone the use of the facility. In that highly unlikely event, a full refund of your deposit will be returned.
Before exiting the building the leaser agrees to do the following:
1. Tables and chairs should be returned to their original locations.
2. Remove all food from the building.
3. Remove all trash from the building and parking lot and place it in the dumpster in the parking lot.
4. Flush all commodes clean any spillage in bathrooms.
5. If kitchen was used, clean all surfaces including stove, oven, countertops and refrigerator.
6. Floors should be dust mopped, and then wet mopped. (instructions posted at mop station in kitchen)
7. Turn off all lights.
8. Lock all outside doors. Return key to drop box outside front doors.
9. Building must be vacated at scheduled end of rental term.